Nissan alternator burnt to a crisp

I had a small fire in my engine compartment yesterday on my 99 Frontier. It appears to have started at the alternator. The fire damage was basically confined to the plug or "pigtail" to the alternator. I bought a new alternator today and still need the plastic plug , clip or whatever it's called.The dealer wants $400.00 for the harness and wont sell just the plug.. The alternator connection is male spade connectors. Can't I just crimp 2 female spade connectors on the wires and make my connection? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want another fire but I need to get back on the road.

Thanks, Michael Anderson Phoenix Az.

Reply to
mike

Yep or go cut this plug off a car at the junkyard.. Just make sure you hook them up to the right terminal..

Reply to
Steve T