Nissan Altima 2005 2.5 loosing power

I have a 2005 altima and recently it started giving me problems. While the car is on the Service engine light turns on and the car looses power. The car stays on but when you push the accelarator it doesnt do anything but the car is on. When i push the petal nothing happens not even RPM moves. I took it in to the dealer and they told me that they werent sure what the car had, that they had an idea it might be the sensors in the petal. If anyone experienced something similar or knows what this is can you please tell me cuz i dont know what to do?

Reply to
wnflores

You need to retrieve the trouble code(s) before going any further...

Telstar Electronics

It probably has an ETC code (electronic Throttle control)

Then the fault happens the vehicle goes into one of 3 different "limp home" modes

the electronic throttle actuator needs to be replaced... quite a common thing

Reply to
NissTech