Nissan cut-off while driving

The other day while driving my 95 Nissan Quest (aprox. 175,000 miles) the van completely cut-off. I immediately pulled over and tried to start the van again. The van started fine but when i pressed the accelerator the car wouldn't go any where. I repeatedly was able to start the van but when pressing on the accelerator the car wouldn't move.

I the had the car towed to Pep Boys and as you know they weren't able to reproduce this. The recommended that I

  1. Replace fuel filter
  2. and had mentioned something about the spark plugs.

Basically what I am asking is does this sound reasonable considering that I just had a tune-up last September and had the fuel filter replaced sometime around February. I just want to make sure that aren't giving me a "one-size" fits all solution.

Reply to
raybonds

I am not a mechanic, but this sounds very similar to a situation I had with a volvo. In that case, it turned out that the fuel injector needed to be replaced.

Reply to
ejanr