Nissan Frontier 2002 Battery Fusible Link 80 amp

I need to replace the battery 80 amp fusible link in my 2002 Nissan Frontier, but it has to be accessed from below to disconnect the bolts on the wires. How do I go about getting the fuse box apart to get to the bolts? I know there are clips all around that have to be released, but I have tried that and have gotten them all released except the side closest to the out of the truck. I looked in a 2001 Haynes maunal (my trunck is 2002, but thats all my auto parts had) and it said pull it out and replace it, which is of course was no help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply to
larrysntx

I was finally able to get the fuse box apart. There are some clips on the inside that you have to push a screw driver into to release them. I had been trying to do that, but had not found the right ones to push on. After two hours trying to get the box apart and finally finding the right two places to release it....I had the old link out, new one in, and box back together in less than 10 minutes. Then the new battery in in another 5 minutes and the truck running again. The only other problem was a blow radio fuse. Once that was replaced all was working again.

BTW, I got the battery at Walmart and had to take the first one back because the side terminals stuck out and top positive terminal was too far back. The battery book recommended either of two batteries. Of course I got the one that didn't fit first. The other one didn't have side terminals and it fit perfectly. I can't remember the numbers, just get the one with no side terminals and you will be fine.

Reply to
larrysntx

One more bit of information..... The 80 amp fusible link was $2.99 at Auto Zone. Nissan parts department wanted $14.00, go figure!

Reply to
larrysntx