Nissan Leaf in Canada

Hi all, I put in a refundable deposit $100 Canadian for a Nissan Leaf today and my dealer says it will be out here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada by early 2011 but I called Nssan Canada customer service and got a response that the Leaf will be out in fall 2011. Which is correct? Why is my dealer taking deposits so early if they don't when the Leaf will be out. The dealer said, 3 months before the order, they will contact me and let me decide exactly how what colour, model and extras etc. I want on the Leaf. The dealer said that Vancouver if not most of British Columbia will have the shipments delivered at the Vancouver port and be tested out in Vancouver before Ontario get's it. I was wondering if I should listen to the customer service rep at Nissan Canada and have to wait until fall 2011 or if Nissan HQ in Japan had a change of heart and will be releasing the Leaf throughout North America in early 2011. I really don't understand why Nissan is not releasing it in Ontario early as Ontario has a $8500 Canadian tax rebate for batteries which use up more than 17 kwh and are full 4 wheel electric vehicles (EV).

What really sucks is that the Ontario Conservatives (our equal of the Saudi loving Bush Republicans though in our case it's the dirty Alberta tar sands loving kind) who take their orders from the federal Conservative government whose environment minister (equal to EPA director) Jim Prentice defends the stinking oil industry might cancel the rebates. Imagine even a Republican EPA director like Carol Browner defending the oil industry. It's funny actually, I don't like the huge tax increases that the current provincial premier (equal to governor) Dalton McGuinty raised, but much prefer his environmentalism and emphasis on switching to green technology over the current federal government and the opposition party of Ontario.

Reply to
Ramesh Fernando