Nissan Micra headlight bulb connector

My daughter has a Micra 1.0 1996 and it had a problem with the lights, which I have sorted. But it has burnt the connector on the O/S headlight bulb. The black plastic has melted and the earth lead has come off the metal tag. As a temporary fix I cut away the worst of the plastic and pushed the bare wire through the hole in the bulb tag. I read in another forum that Nissan do a repair kit for this problem. Either the plastic connector and three metal tags to be made up, or a connector with the tags already in it and short lengths of wire to connect to the car wires. However my local Nissan Dealer has never heard of this kit. I was wondering whether anybody here has done this fix and can post the part number of the kit? I would be most grateful. Otherwise I will just have to get three large Lucar connectors and forget about the plastic bit, but I would prefer to do it properly.

Reply to
Nigel

Maybe one of the local scrap dealers in your area have some harness pieces for the same model of Micra. Just spice in the socket. Solder the wires, and use proper insulation such as heat shrink tubing.

Reply to
JANA