Nissan Micra problems

I have an '06 Micra, lots of problems with it.

Broken wing mirror Broken stereo Broken back shelf Broken seat belt Broken heating system Broken cigrette lighter Electric shocks when I get out

I have never had so many problems with a new car. This thing is only 2 ys old and only has 10k on the clock!

I spoke to a chap at the local Nissan garage who said that he wouldn't buy one. He said they have lots of problems, were poorly built, constantly came back for repairs, and were actually now more French.

The old Micras were incredible, built to last, great quality, they just never broke down. I had one 14 years old that was in the same condition it left the factory in. Not a thing wrong. This thing's almost new and its falling apart.

I thought I was buying a top of the range Japanese car, but I seem to have ended up with a poor quality, French car with a Japanese sticker on the front.

I also find the fuel efficiency very poor, it seems to use about 30% more than my old automatic Micra.

I wonder if other people have been having the same problems with Micras..

Reply to
t8769

maybe your unlucky or treat the car poorly. my wives has been perfect from new and is now 4 years old. Personally this new one is the only micra I'd ever consider driving, the old ones are simply ghastly things to drive and rusted to hell.

Reply to
mike

I must be doing well with my 18 year old K10 then, It isn't rusted to hell, starts first time everytime and I rack up 250 miles weekly and I enjoy driving it. As for the K12, I haven't heard good things about it.

Chippie.

"mike" wrote in news:DnIPj.69082$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

Reply to
chippie

I find that statement confusing.

There are thousands of Micras in my city, they must be one of the most common cars, and I've never seen one that's rusted.

Mine was 14 years old, no rust at all. A friend has an 18 year old one, no rust.. hmmmm.

The incredible thing about the old Micra was that it just wouldn't die. I regularly see 15 - 18 - 20 year old Micras being driven in perfect condition.

Whereas my new micra is falling to bits.

I'm just interested to hear if this is a one-off, or other owners have been experiencing similar joys...

Cheers

Reply to
t8769