Nissan Pathfinder 2002 cabin air filter location

My 2002 Pathfinder owners manual talks about a cabin air filter that needs to be replaced periodically, but doesn't say where the filter is or how to locate and replace it. The local Nissan dealer service area is not too friendly, so don't want to contact them unless absolutely necessry. Anyone know where the filter/access point is located?

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
H. R. Bob Hofmann

The filter(s) are behind the glove box. There are two identical filter elements, stacked one above the other. You remove the glove box to change them. I have the '02 Pathfinder service manual CD. I changed mine at

15,000 miles and they definitely needed to be changed. If you email me, I will send you a copy of the manual pages on changing the filter.
Reply to
E. Meyer

That's right. Behind the glovebox. I have pictures on-line on my homepage of the Frontier 01 and how to install it. Generally our Frontier do not come with Microfilter, its an option, so I had to cut out the trim to install the filters. I got the filters on Ebay which is a lot cheaper from dealers.

Livefree