Nissan Primera 2.0TD SLX, reliable? Price? UK Any help appreciated, ty.

Hi all,

Found this ng while googling to attempt to find out about Nissan Primera's and if they are reliable, worth purchasing, common problems etc. etc.

I have seen a Nissan Primera 2.0TD SLX, S reg 72,000 miles on the clock with full Service History for £3295. The last service was at 60,000 miles but they said they would do the next service when selling and stamp the book. As its sitting a forecourt i'm hoping 2 negotiate a few pence off of that but thats the price on the ticket at the moment.

Not sure if this is the right ng so apologises if this is out of place, if not. Can anyone tell me more about these cars, are they reliable (reading suggests they are)?

What are the Diesels like, had them start the car this morning, thought the snow would make it a nice text. It started first time but it did sound like a truck. I thought newer Diesels were better now. So are diesels worth going for, what is the Turbo like? Is the saving on fuel economy worth it? I checked Parkers Guide and the MPG wasnt much different between the petrol and diesel varieties and there is little in the cost of diesel and petrol, so am I missing something that creates this great saving that diesels are supposed to give?

Is £3295 about right for this car?

Any advice appreciated. Quick replies even more appreciated as I would like to buy it today :), anyone with negotiation advice also welcome to reply :).

All the very best. Michael.

Reply to
Mikedmc