Nissan Quest Leak

I have a 96 Quest that leaks from the inside. I live in Seattle, WA and after 3 days of rain/snow my carpet is wet. Keep in mind my car was parked my my drive way for 4 days and have not been used. I took off the glove compartment and to find where the leak was... To my surprise I found no leak from the winshield (I think) and it seems as though the leak is coming from a black cylinderical shaped contraption. All I know it that when I turn on the heater or the airconditioner it turns I feel noise/vibratoin from it.

Does anyone know what I am taking about?

Please help.

Thanks.

Reply to
Billy

Billy wrote:

Reposted from the suggestion I gave you on 10/22/2003, which you apparently did not bother to read.

I had the same problem with a 97 Nissan Pickup. I noticed a strange rubbing noise in the right front only when making a left turn. It sounded like it was the right front tire rubbing against a loose inner splash shield in the fender when the wheel turned to the left. Upon inspection, I could not find anything wrong up there. I had planned to take the truck to my mechanic to find the source of the noise later in the week. A day or so later, I picked up a box containing something I had bought and had left on the passenger side floor overnight. I noticed that the box was soaking wet on the bottom half. I then felt the floor mats and they were drenched. Having had this problem in other cars that I have owned, I assumed that it was a clogged drain hose. I looked under the dash and saw water slow dripping from the air plenum. I pulled the drain hose that runs from the plenum through the firewall and water poured out of it. I cleaned the coagulated debris out of the drain hose and replaced it. I also pulled the other rubber hose that ran between the air plenum and the blower motor under the dash and about a pint of water ran out of that hose. That rubbing noise disappeared after that. I assume it was shloshing water in the blower motor that was making the noise when I turned left. I had to leave the passenger side rug propped up for about a week so it could dry out in the summer heat. I expect that I might have some problems in the future with that blower motor after its having been wet.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg