Nissan Versa 2012 duplicate key/

"The key for that vehicle runs $48.82 plus $50.00 to program all existing keys and new key. Also if you are looking to get an extra key fob, the key fob is $131.39. Let me know."

This is outrageous. A local lock shop says they can duplicate my current key for $65. Why so much cheaper? Is it safe to duplicate a programmed ("chipped") key - any possibility they can damage it so I end up with no key?

Ahh, progress!

Any suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
KenK

Personally I absolutely detest these new "keyless entry" systems and there are ALL massively over-priced when getting spares or replacements from the official dealer.

You can get most, if not all, from other sources cheaper and some you can "do it yourself" programme, but they're still way more expensive than the "good ol' days" of simply getting an actual key cut.

My car has a separate non-factory alarm system, so I have a fob for that and always carry a spare battery and small screwdriver since it would be a {beep}ing nuisance if the battery ran out.

Reply to
Your Name