No power to bose audio system in Maxima 93 DOHC

Hi, I'll really appreciate if anyone can help me in solving this issue. The audio system in my car used to power up some times with a clicking noise (from somewhere along the fuse box, but i don't know from which relay), but now it does not power up at all. I took the system out and check the power harness for the voltage, the constant 12V battery supply to the audio system is totally dead, the ignition 12V shows 12V when i turn the ignition on. I checked the fuses, all are OK. Can anyone helps me in solving this issue. I bought a Haynes Service manual but that does not cover 93 maxima SE DOHC. To isolate the problem I took out a working audio system from my friend's 93 dohc maxima and put that one in my car, but it doesn't powers up, the reason seems to me is dead 12V constant battery supply to the audio. How can i fix it, or more isolate this problem. thanks

Reply to
danishumer

Any electrical problem you have I'm quite certain has nothing to do with whether your car is DOHC or not;) Bose in a DOHC car is the same as Bose in an OHC car.

That being said, I would check the battery connection. With most Nissans, the +ve battery terminal has 2 wires coming from it. One is the basic one and the other usually is either dedicated to the audio system, or it goes to a bunch of other fuses. Your problem may lie there.

CD

Reply to
codifus

Thanks a lot for the link, I downloaded the service manual for 94 maxima, which has the correct wiring diagram for Bose audio system in

93 maxima. I already fixed the problem. > You can check the service manual for your car at:
Reply to
danishumer