Oh-ho, dealer hands me accounting copy of bill

Dealer Chomedey Nissan hands me the "accounting" copy of my bill and keeps the "customer" copy. I've posted it here:

It makes for interesting reading. Especially knowing that it costs them $8.23 to change the transmission oil but they charged me $73.99.

Bill is for oil change (item A), investigate Check Engine light (item B), and transmission oil change (item C).

Total cost to dealer: $67.03, total price to me, without taxes: $134.70.

All prices in Canadian dollars.

Reply to
Paul Giroux

welcome to free enterprise! that's not too bad considering it was done at a Nissan dealer. The right way! (hopefully) here's a thought... I just changed the oil at JIFFY Lube, and the knuckle head did NOT tighten the drain plug hard enough, hadn't I looked, I would have seen a big oil spill on my driveway. glad I have a concrete driveway, in the grass, I would not have noticed it. (BUT I always check anyway...) I was reluctant to chain the oil at JIFFY LUBE in the first place.. but then I said, "what the heck, what can go wrong with an oil change?" HA!

total bill was around $35 US

either I do it myself, or take it to someone who knows how! and that will cost you.$$$$$. but you will have it done right!!!!.

also, I have had two Copier repair businesses in the past, and trust me, we charged similar rates, and most of it gets eaten up by overhead and what not!!!!! storefront, electricity, multiple phone lines, yellow pages ad, insurance, employees, vehicles, gas, maintenance....etc...etc...etc...etc..... its not as easy running a full fledge business..... not the same as running your bizz from your home... lol....

cheers

Dave

1990 ZX 2+2 N/A Auto Aztec Redddddd....see it already? :)))

Reply to
dm

Had to go back to the dealer this morning, apparently they "neglected to wipe the oil off the manifold". The cabin filled with a strong odor from the moment I drove it off the lot. Couldn't drive without shutting down the vents and turning on the A/C.

I think next time I'll do the JIffy Lube thing, sounds good to me.

Can't beleive though that what they bill me $89.95 for, a transfer case fluid change, actually cost them $18.23, less than their cost for a regular oil change.

I've put the paperwork up on eBay,

"04895558 in case the dealer wants it back.

And i'll keep an eye out for puddles :-)

Reply to
Paul Giroux

yeah oil puddles....lol, they should have some type of disposable "depend" oil sponge for cars with oil leaks......strap one on N drive! :)

dude, it does not really cost them 18.23 how much do you think the mechanicS make at a nissan dealer? how much is their overhead? how much in phone bills? (depending on how large the dealer is) 2 lines? OR 25 LINES?? how much electricity do they pay? how much for the guy who wrote up the repair ticket? all the other employees? on and on and on...... jiffy lube is okay, just like nissan dealers are ok too, it all depends on how well trained they are... the workers are getting younger, no one wants a low wage job. so they hire young kids to do mens (women :) work

your oil drip on the manifold was unacalled for, id JUMP on the manager and ask for a discount! And if you paid by Credit Card, call them and say they did a crappy job... hit them where it hurts, in their pockets! I see both sides because I have been in both places, as a customer, and a businessman...

think ill bid on that auction! that bonus deal is a must have ... (i think u should put "nissan" in the tittle..;-) cheers :)))

Reply to
dm

So? What do you think the people who sold you you're last television paid for it? And the company you work for doesn't mark up items/services either?

Reply to
Steve

I believe it.. such a rip

-Angel

Reply to
radnj

So what do you think wouldn't be a rip? Should they just charge you their cost and eat the overhead of their operation? Again how much markup do you think is going on on electronics etc? If you think they aren't doubling+ what they pay for things, you need to work in retail sales sometime...

Reply to
Steve