Oil in English ?

Hi, My Nissan handbook says Engine oil is to be API CF-4 ACEA B1, B3

5W-30

Now been to Halfords and very few of the products there have these numbers, and never all 3 on the one product.

Any expert tell me does this mean a special diesel oil or normal petrol one? Is it a mineral or part sinethetic or fully sinethetic oil.

Halfords etc. seen to sell on is your engine petrol or diesel then the viscosity number, and not the API or ACEA spec.

Anyone know a brand name that fits the requiement.

Helpfull if anyone knows what Nissan and Niisan dealers use.

thanks

Reply to
David

Virtually all diesel specific oils of 5w/30 viscosity will meet API CF-4. The oil does not need to meet all the above specs. Any one will do.

Huw

Reply to
Huw