Oil leak 94 Sentra

Got an oil leak on a 94 Sentra. its near the radiator, on the right front side, the a/c hoes are coated with motor oil, does this car have some type of a oil cooler?

The oil is too dirty to be refrigerant.

I may have to go to the library and get a book to see whats up, I hate to power wash this area in this cold weather.

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
tflfb

the front crank seal is probably leaking, very common on the GA16DE engine

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
tflfb

What about getting it fixed.

The seal costs less than ten bucks,

and a set of drive belts are around 45.00.

Reply to
NissTech

Yeah I did check with the Nissan dealer they said $125 + parts I think thats the way to go, I wasn't sure weather to fix it or not as it had 140k miles, if I can get another year out of it that will work.

Is there a front cover on the engine that has to be removed in order to r/r the seal, or just pully the pulley and replace the seal.?

Reply to
tflfb

That's a great price, If your sentra has been taken care of it is not uncommon for the engine to well over 200,000 plus miles.

140K is nothing for that engine !

it is a simple repair, the belts come off then the crank pulley comes off, the seal is popped out and a new one is tapped in. That's it !

very simple repair

Reply to
NissTech

Thanks