Online Electrical Schematics for 280ZX? Fuel pump schematics?

My 82' 280ZX has been sitting for a few months and now refuses to start. I've quickly determined the fuel pump is not getting power, but am unable to to proceed much further without better schematics describing the electrical circuit. My Hayes manual has one of the most worthless schematics I've ever seen.

Does anyone know of a source for some quality online electrical schematics, or am I stuck getting a service manual?

Thanks!

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott

Never seen a 280z, but look around for relays near the pump (tank?). Especially ones that click when you switch to 'run'. Start switching them out until it runs. Fuel pump relays are a common prob on old Nissans.

Reply to
rock4arolla

I actually found the problem. The fusible link for the fuel pump relay was fine but the fusible link for the ECM had pulled loose. The ECM drives the fuel pump relay coil directly. Datsun was kind enough to place the relay deep in the dash where only a 12 year olds hands can reach. Also were nice enough to screw the damn thing in so half the dash needs removal to detach it properly.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Ott

Yeah, they're pretty good about that. Keeps it interesting for us 6'3" size 8 guys. How did it pull loose? That's usually one thing I don't worry about on my Nissans.

Reply to
rock4arolla