Oxygen sensor problem on 2001 Altima

Had the engine light come on and took it to the dealer, dealer says catalytic converter problem will cost $900, asked him to check to see if the cat converter has damaged the engine he said no but if you don't do it soon it will. Replaced the cat converter and now a week later the light came on again.

Took it back and they said it's the oxygen senor now, will be $500.

So I said was it the cat converter bad last time or was it a total waste of money, he said the cat converter was definitely bad the computer says so.

I said what if the computer is wrong and that is the malfunction or the sensor for it would I not have to end up replacing all the parts?

He said it's up to you the cat converter was bad and now oxygen sensor is bad, just that it's a coincidence it happened two weeks in a row. He said I could take it elsewhere and they would hook up the computer read the code and recommend the same thing.

Should I do it or take it to another shop?

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse