parts to rebuild a rack-pinion?

Someone I know wants to rebuild the rack-n-pinion in his late 90s Nissan Maxima. Can he get parts to do that?

Reply to
Mauricio

Unless your friend has advanced mechanical skills and the right tools, I wouldn't advise that he rebuild it himself even if parts are available. He could soak a lot of money into it, not do something 100% correct and a few months later run ito problems.

Reply to
Suenet

I am afraid to say that is besides the point as far as he is concerned. He wants to do it, so more power to him. That said, any suggestions for sources?

Reply to
Mauricio

Meat Plow

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, if you select anything there, you end up in the parts bin website which only sells a rebuilt rack-n-pinion, not the kit. Oh well, the search goes on...

Reply to
Mauricio