Pathfinder 2001 Grinding/Pulling Right Front Tire

I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE. When I hit speeds over 50 mph (more prevailant from 50-60), I feel like the car starts very lightly fighting me,a nd I hear a light roaring/grinding noise form the right front tire. I don't know if it is bearing, the tire itself, or what.

I just bought the car a month ago and it went through a thorough inspection at that time.

Not sure if anyone has had a similar problem or knows what it might be.

Reply to
thubbard

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. If it's a 4x4 I'll bet the bearings have never been repacked (because it's such a PITA).

Reply to
JimV

I never looked, but do they have CV joints on front axles (torn boot?). Or maybe someone hit too many curbs (front wheel bearing?). My Maxima makes a horrible sound if it gets a stone between brake shield and disc.

Probably unrelated, but an 01 Pathfinder I bought in 04 w/99k miles had a broken front spring. The steering never seemed as precise as I thought it should be (no noises), but much better than the 86 F150 4x4 I traded for it. Since both front springs were replaced, spot on handling with no more wander.

Reply to
David Efflandt