Pathfinder 2002 / 2003 Question - how is it?

I bought a used 99.5 pathfinder about 3 years ago. I am pleased to say that maintenance costs were $150.00 for front links. Other than that it was oil and brakes and tires... the usual. The body is in perfect condition with no rust and I live in an area where there is a lot of road salt used. I am now looking at the 2002 or 2003 as a replacement. Could someone recommend one of these? What can I expect? I would like Leather this time. Thanks

Reply to
Philip

If your 99.5 has the 3.5 liter engine, an '02 or '03 will be virtually identical to what you already have, just newer.

Reply to
E. Meyer

The 99.5 Pathfinder only had the 3.3 liter motor. The 3.5 was not available until the 2001 model year. It also needs Premium unleaded fuel!

I have a 99.5, and even though I wish it had more "kick", I now keep it parked and drive an Accord EX with 155K miles for my 100 mile commute.

Chris >>

Reply to
Chris

I think the 2001 through 2004 are essentially identical (3.5L 240 hp auto or 250 hp stick). Last spring I bought a 2001 Pathfinder SE with 99,000 miles for half the price of a new one. But I figure it is good for many more miles. Its only problems have been minor, clock display winked out (works if you tap on it) and AC/heater controls sometimes do not light up at night. It is similar enough inside to my 95 Maxima that I have to remember that I am not driving a 4-door sports car.

Reply to
David Efflandt