Pathfinder 4X4 question.

This is a new nissan pathfinder SE 98. I just changed all the differential & transfer case oils (Synthetic). I have two questions.

When the Truck is in 4X4 does the engine gets hotter than 2 whell drive. I felt that that engine got hotter.

When its 4X4 and in tight turns it gets very slow (Heavy traction), I felt like front wheel is skidding. It needs an extra push to the gas pedel to move the car.

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
Biju

Are trying to drive it in 4x4 on dry pavement other than in a straight line (a no-no)? If that's not the case, then I'd say you have a problem in one of your front hubs.

Reply to
JimV

Are the oils you used in the diff. and transfer case LSD approved ?

And let me fathom a guess, This is your first 4WD vehicle , right ?

Reply to
NissTech

Reply to
Biju

I used the mobile 1 Synthetic ATF.

Reply to
Biju

Hey Biju! The '98 Pathpuppys have Limited Slip diferentials and require SAE 80w-90 limited slip gear oil. (make sure it's limited slip not the regular) Check for an orange 'use LSD only' sticker on the upper backside of the differential hub. Don't use Automatic Transmission Fluid.

The Transfer case uses ATF Dexron III/Mercon rated automatic transmission fluid.

I haven't tried any of that synth stuff. Call your dealer to see if they recommend using it and what specific types.

Also, you're probably getting more heat from the engine because it's working harder in 4WD.

Cheers!!!

Reply to
PathfinderHero