pathfinder aotu transmission

I ahve a 1995 Nissan Pthfinder 3.0L V6 AT 4WD and the RPM are running rather high. At 55MPH it is clocking 2500RPM's. At 70MPH it is running over

4000RPM. If I floor it, it nearly redlines before switching gears. I took it to the Nissan dealer and they saif 4200 dollars for a new tranmission and labor to install. Is there something else that may be the problem.
Reply to
hkreagan

It's not going into overdrive. How many miles? Ever change the fluid? It could be a bad solenoid or temp sensor, or trans controller, or wiring, or a few other things. You might want to have a trans shop look at it.

Reply to
JimV

Jim,

90600 miles. Last time transmissi>> I ahve a 1995 Nissan Pthfinder 3.0L V6 AT 4WD and the RPM are running rather
Reply to
hkreagan via CarKB.com