Pathfinder dash lights--odd problem

For months the "Door Open" dashboard warning light has been coming on intermittently on my on my 1994 Pathfinder. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing that. Now it has been joined by another oddity: starting yesterday, the "ABS" and "Brake" warning lights sometimes light up on the dashboard as well.

When the ABS and Brake lights come on: -they always come on together -they stay on for a brief period and then go off -it does not seem to be affected by motion, such as when I hit a bump in the road -on one or two ocasions they have come on at the same time as the "door open" light

Any idea what's going on--and can this be related to my "door open" problem?

Reply to
Al

Brake and ABS light could be an indication of low brake fluid level in the master cylinder reservoir.

Door open could be a defective switch in one of the doors. It is possible that the door open switch is different from the one that controls the dome light.

Al wrote:

Reply to
AS

Reply to
JimV

Thanks for the advice, guys.

Brake light issue was due to low brake fluid.

Door-sensor light issue remains a mystery, but I'm trying to track it down.

Reply to
Al

Reply to
cmkooima

I bought a 1987 Pathfinder 4x4 with 97,000 miles. Changed the oil every 3,000 miles and drove it to 323,000. The engine was still mostly in great shape when I replaced it with a 2002 QX4 last year. I use synthetic every 5,000 miles on the Q.

M>I have a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder and the ABS light came on a few months ago, I

Reply to
Monte

Reply to
cmkooima via CarKB.com