Pathfinder manifold

Hi,

I have a 1993 Pathfinder that has a manifold bolt broken off. Part remains inside. I noticed this because of the tell-tale 'clicking' noise when the engine in cold. The noise only lasts a few minutes, until it heats & presumably expands. I've had the truck since it was new so naturally I'm familiar with the manifold bolt problem.

My question is; will I cause any further damage by leaving things as they are?

I would as soon do this as the truck is old and I'd prefer not to put money into it if I don't have to. Besides, and more to the point, I'm broke - or I wouldn't be driving such an old truck to begin with :)

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
keith

If you don't do it, the manifold will likely warp. Then you will need to have it planed or replace it when it gets so bad you can't drive the car or get it inspected. More bolts will likely go over time amplifying the problem. Chances are that it's a bit warped already, although it might still be in acceptable limits.

Depending on which bolt it is, someone familiar with the problem might be able to get in there with an angle drill and drill it out and install the upgraded bolt. If money is really tight, then let it go and hope for the best.

Reply to
me