Pathfinder tire replacement size?

I am looking to replace the original Bridgestone Dueler H/T tires that came on my '99.5 Pathfinder but am having a difficult finding a decent selection. The current tires are 255/65/16 and at this size, the best bet seems to be the Bridgestone Dueler H/T's ....again. I would like to get a different brand tire but it may mean going to a different size. There seems to be a much better selection at 265/70/16 - can this size be used safely? The car has the factory alloy rims for the 99.5 LE model - used on 2000, 2001, etc. As well, are there other size tires that could be recommended for use on those wheels? Thanks very much in advance!

-Dave

Reply to
DMC

Take a look at tirerack.com they list several alternatives.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Hi Dave, I was in much the same situation as you. Not much of a selection in the standard size.

Someone here, or over at 4X4parts.com mentioned that by going to

255-70-16, the odometer and speedometer actually became MORE accurate instead of using the 255-65's. This was verified by GPS.

I ended up getting the 255-70-16 Dueler AT's by Bridgestone. They are not the REVO version.

I got a sweet deal at 2PM Christmas Eve last year, and got all 4 mounted and balanced for $445. I now have almost 25K on them, and I notice I can spin 'em when its wet out, and its not a factor of miles- they could spin from the beginning.

I will probably need another set before next summer, and don't have a clue what I'd get yet.

The other guy who posted here mentioned TireRack, and I did that to compare reviews from others and also the ratings by TireRack. Snow was a primary consideration for me, as I live the last house in the city on a road thats 3 miles all uphill.

Good Luck Chris

Reply to
Jake

Also you might want to check with your Nissan dealer. Post '95 Pathfinders have a problem with premature wear on the front tires if you use tires that are, I beleive, too heavy. Seems the struts can't keep them from shimmying, and they last a very short time. There's a history of this if you search around on the Intenet.

Reply to
SGrant

I replaced my 99.5 tires with 255/70/16 P. What a difference in the comfort and handling. I have been driving them for a year and there is no tread wear to be seen. Canadian Tire Nordic winter $90.00 each on sale. 265/70/16 is a bit too big for the wheel well clearance I think .

Reply to
Philip

"Philip" wrote in news:blhvqi$niv$ snipped-for-privacy@nntp-stjh-01-01.rogers.nf.net:

Can't recall of the top of my head how the conversion between metric sizes and 'american' sizes goes, but on my 92PF SE, it's been using 31x10.5R16 tires since day one - no clearance problems, except there's no room for tire chains(which I've never needed, on snow or offroad). I run a metric-sized winter radial(Michelin) in, not surprisiningly, the winter, and there is more clearance, but I've never bothered with chains for them either.

Reply to
Dave Patton

I put the REVOs on my Pathfinder (96) and I think they are great..... I got them for 105 a piece mounted...

Reply to
Ted

These have gotta be 15" right? Where in the country are you?

Chris >I put the REVOs on my Pathfinder (96) and I think they are great..... I got

Reply to
Jake