patht upper/control arm recall?

My pathfinder, sway left and right on the highway, and after I looked it up online, it appears many pathfinder owner have similar problem, and it is determined that it was a faulty design with the upper and lower control link (I believe that what they said) and they even said that Nissan issued a bulletin on it for the mechanics. So my question is, is there going to be a recall? or should I wait for the recall to come or should I just go ahead and spend almost 800-1000 dollars for it? If I did fix it now, can I be refunded should a recall for the problem happens?

thanx.

Reply to
AirborneDSM

I also have a nissan civilian bus 1996 that will move left or right. I have visited various reputable dealers and auto/commercial workshops and despite having wheel alignments, king pins checked , wheels rotated , shockies checked, brake shoe checked and twenty other misc checks no one has rectified the problem.

Reply to
otra

I was told that the problem was the bushing on the upper and lower control link.

which is a pathfinder wide fault design. that is why im asking if i should go ahead and fix it for 800 or to wait for a recall.

Reply to
DANIEL MANDAC

What year PF?

And BTW, I've had '87 (for 130K miles), '95 (for 130K miles) and '01 (for 119K miles) Pathfinders, and none of them did this.

online, it appears many pathfinder owner have similar

lower control link (I believe that what they said)

my question is, is there going to be a recall? or

almost 800-1000 dollars for it? If I did fix it now, can

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

I just bought a 97 PF with only 40K and it doesn't do it. But after doing some research on a cracked manifold problem I have (which is also a common known product problem) I also found out about the rear control arm bushing issue. Apparently its very common, costly and pretty severe to the point of borderline dangerous. I believe you can replace 4 of the 8 bushings and that should take care of it but you do need a big press and its a PITA job because the bolts are usually rusted and seized. I don't know of a recall of any sort for the repair so you may have to bite the bullet and if they do issue one later try and get reimbursed.

Dave T

Reply to
tom.dave