Piston Sounding noises when I come to a stop in my 2001 Maxima

I have had two dealers listen for this noise but they cannot hear it. My wife hears them so I am not dreaming this.

After driving for a while and when I come to a stop and put the car into park, the engine makes what I am referring to as "piston" sounding noises. Almost sounds like something is resetting itself.

Maybe the fuel injectors?

I don't beleive this is causing any issues as the car runs fine and the gas mileage is good.

Anybody have any idea what could be causing this and is it a problem or just how the engine operates?

Dan

Reply to
dmprofit