Poor MPG in Pathfinder

How do you "never" use it? I assume you mean if you keep your foot out of it. Basically I do. I got my Charger for my heavy foot moods. :)

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

I have a 99.5 Pathy, and do a 100 miles a day back and forth to work. I bought it in Nov. of 02- so last winter was my first experience with it.

During the winter- with a roughly 8 mile city road/20 mile highway(each way at that time)- I was getting about 16.5/17 mpg.

During April and May of this past year- I was getting 18 -19 on the same route.

Since June- my commute has been extended to 50 miles each way using the same route, but adding the balance as highway miles. Again- my mileage stayed 18-19 depending on how heavy my foot was.

Now that this winter is upon us- my mileage has indeed dropped to near

16- 16.5 driving about 75 -80 mph on the highway.

I live in the Northeast(Mass), and I believe its rfg for winter fuel here(reformulated gas- which isn't very good).

Oh yeah- on the 99.5- I have the same motor as your 2000 a 3.3 liter. I bought with 34K and now have 68K.

Oh yeah again- I wouldn't trade this for anything else(YET) except maybe a 2001 version(I'd love more power with the 3.5 liter, but don't want to have to use Super Unleaded). I love the vehicle that much.

My last 15 vehicles were luxury sedans, or Sport sedans. I had a Buick Regal GS(supercharged),just prior to this for 3 years before its untimely demise(was rear ended twice in 2 weeks), and before that had a Taurus SHO with the 5 speed(mucho balls!!!) and before that a Bonneville SSE.

I love my SUV.

Chris >What I failed to say was that the vehicle is rated as follows:

Reply to
Chris

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Reply to
Buckshot LeFunk

Hi Buck!!

I didn't get where you are from, BUT if you are in the northern tier of the country- many areas end up with RFG gas in Winter. It certainly does not help your mileage at all- it sucks.

Surely with slightly extended warmups in Winter- my mileage has taken a hit big time. Paying for the gas it uses sucks- but its part of the deal with an SUV- unless you want something smaller, like a RAV or CRV, or Suzuki, or or or...

Although- I did a read lately on the Saturn Vue- which is comparable in size to our Pathy's- I don't know how agile it is or versatile though. Its older model V6's used an Opel(German) engine that did ok- although it had some buzzes occasionally(not real smooth). However- its 2004 model has the Honda 3.5 V6 in it. Its MPG rating w/AWD V6 is

19- 25!

Once we can afford to ditch(ooops- I mean sell) our Ford #$%^Star I will look at a Vue for my wife.

Chris >Hi Chris,

Reply to
Chris