Power window stuck down... 94 sentra

The front passenger window on my 94 died the other day and ended up completely down. After removing the door panel I found a cable near the top of the door which appears to have fallen off a white plastic roller. I can't tell if the roller is broken, but it may be... I tried to activate the motor to get some slack in the cable, but it sounds like its binding. Farther down inside I can see a wheel with the cable wrapped around several times. It appears this cable has become kinked and is whats causing the binding.

What is the easiest way to reattach the cable in the proper location? How many items will hvae to be removed to un-kink the cable? I'm curious if some of the components need replacement if it would be worthwhile to try the local pull-a-part vs taking it to the dealer for repair. Any thoughts on how to attack this one from those who may have some experience?

-Inet

Reply to
inetquestion

Was able to get the entire power window assembly at the local pull-a- part for $20. After removing the two screws which attach the window to the track it was easy to get out. I"m sure I didn't go about that the easiest way, but it worked.

Reply to
inetquestion