Primera 2.0 '92 - Idle speed jumping to 3000 rpm etc

Hi..

Hopefully someone can help me with my problem:

My Primera 2.0i, 116 hk from 1992, has begun to have an idle speed of 2K -

3.5K rpm, after some driving..

It's not always, it does this, and sometimes it jump between 1.8K and 3K rpm.

When I'm driving with slow speed, I can sometimes feel this jumping, resulting in accelerating/decelerating (hope you get my point).

In the beginning it was mostly after driving on a highway, it did this.. but now it does this most of the time.. after around 5 minutes of driving.

If any have any suggestions, I would realy appriciate them.. since I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks in this car...

Thanks in advance, Brian Dam

Btw. the motor has run 340.000 km.

Reply to
Brian Dam

Early 2.0 Primeras were prone to getting gummed up throttle bodies and IAC valves after several years use. Check out

search.

Reply to
Steve B

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 08:17:04 +0100, "Steve B" wrote with a sharpened banana:

Also PCV valves can get gummed up and cause an air bypass to occur Andrew Clark All Round Car Guy

Reply to
Johnny B Goode

Thanks a lot for your answers!!!! :)

I have been searching around g20.net a lot (thanks for the link :-) ).

Have'nt found the problem yet though.. I'll let you know as soon as i figure it out and has fixed it.

Brian Dam Wannabe car guy :)

wrote

Reply to
Brian Dam