Primera aircon not making cold air.

I have a 1997 Primera. The aircon doesn't seem to make the air any colder than it gets without the aircon switch pressed. The fluid looks a little low. Woukd that cause the problem?

Thank you

RickyC

Reply to
RickyC

COuld be many things. Most likely it's low on refrigerant.

Reply to
JimV

I must admit it is quite low on fluid. Thanks...

RickyC

Reply to
RickyC

The pollen filter can get almost completely blocked and reduce a/c effectiveness, but the cause is more likely your low refrigerant.

Reply to
SteveB

Thanks for the input. Where does one obtain the refrigerant?

RickyC

Reply to
RickyC

most any auto parts stores sell the refrigerant refill kits.

Reply to
Shawn

I took mine along to an auto parts store today and they told me I would have to get it "re-gassed". I asked them; can't I just buy some liquid to put in there?" They said again: "No; you have to get it re-gassed." They quoted UK£75 (US$142). That took the wind out of my sails!

RickyC

Reply to
RickyC