Primera P11-144

I have a 4 year old Primera 2.0 SE 5 door hatch and it's been a fabulous car except for squeaky wipers. It's not the blades as I tried new ones last year with no improvement. I think it could be the linkage/bushes that are producing this noise but can't see how to get at them. Hoping someone here can help as a handbook ( Haynes ) is not available yet for this car.

TIA

Jim

Reply to
Jim Lennie

My 99 Primera 2.0s 4 door saloon suffers from squeaky wipers. When i first bought the car (second hand) the wipers squeaked, so I replaced the wipers and the squeak went. Then a few months later the squeak came back.

They tend to sqeak when using them in light rain now, especially if its a warm day, in heavy rain the squeak goes after a few minutes.

I did a search about this and it seems to be a common problem. The only way around this problem is not to use the car when it rains or turn the radio up.

Reply to
mike

Hi Mike, Thanks for the reply. My wipers have never stopped squeaking since last year and with the bonnet closed and the wipers off the screen it still squeaks so it must be the bushes and/or the linkage from the motor/gearbox. I removed the nut that secures the wiper arm onto its spindle but cannot prise the arm off. I can't see how to remove the cover anyway apart from a single screw near the passenger side wiper arm drive. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Jim Lennie