Primera wiper trouble

I have a 1996 UK Primera GX and the single wipe / intermittent wipe has failed, though I retain normal and fast wipe.

Is there a relay / timer for this somewhere? the pitiful Haynes manual tells me absolutely nothing and I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to look to rectify this, any ideas guys?

Reply to
Evil Noodle

Going by the Primera circuit diagram in the Haynes manual, it could be the wiper amplifier but in true Haynes fashion it doesn't tell you where it lives.

Reply to
Steve B

Hi, Haynes says the amp is in the engine compartment on the far right, though they don't say what it does, is this what I should be looking for that controls the wiper timing?

Reply to
Evil Noodle

Not sure, but they also use the term 'amplifier' with respect to the driver's electric window operation which might give a clue. One touch of the driver's window switch runs the window for a period of time so that it either fully opens or closes without having to hold the switch, so I presume the wiper amplifier does the same sort of thing for the wipers, extending the one touch operation to about 4 wipes. Whether it does the intermittent operation as well, I don't know, but I can't see anything else on the circuit that could do it.

Reply to
Steve B

Cheers, at least it's something I can follow up on, I was stuck on looking for a relay and cursing Haynes when they didn't list one :)

Reply to
Evil Noodle

If I recall correctly, my Datsun Cherry had intermittent relay wipe failiure. On that car, there was a relay, on the right hand side of the engine. I ended up getting one from a scrap yard for a fiver. Swapped it over, worked like a treat. Perhaps you might consider finding a mashed up Primera somewhere!

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean