QUEST OWNERS

Feedback to all my fellow Quest owners. I have a 1999 w/107K miles. Bought it new. Without a doubt, the best vehicle I've ever owned. Garage kept, synthetic oil only, regular maintenance. I'm on my third set of tires and third set of brakes. Has Nissan ever produced a more reliable vehicle?

Reply to
juanalong

For some reason I remember that van as being a rebadged something or another domestic minivan.

Reply to
Paradox

No, it actually is a Nissan product. The Mercury Villager was a rebadged version of it. Both were built in the same line in...Ohio, I think.

Reply to
Rich

The Mercury Villager IS the Nissan Quest. Ford just borrowed it.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

You are right about at the time for a timing belt change. I think the

1999 version of the Quest is the best looking, too. The 2001 seems to have an abnormally big mought grille, and the 1994 and 95 version seem dated looking, even when they were brand new.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Rebadged Villager? Both were assembled in Avon Park, Ohio, but the Quest seemed to retain it's value better. Check any blue book value and the 1999 Quest has a higher value than the 1999 Villager, with same package. Your correct in that the Villager is a rebadged Quest.

I also have a 2005 Isuzu Ascender, which is def>> Feedback to all my fellow Quest owners.

Reply to
juanalong

You're right. The Quest was a joint Mercury/Nissan venture. It was a Nissan design and powerplant but Mercury assembled at Avon Lake, Ohio. It was my understanding that Nissan Quest had about ten more quality inspections than the Villager did and those that failed the inspections went on to be Mercury Villagers. Have you checked into the 2007's yet? What a ride! ! !

NissanSalesRep

Reply to
NissanSalesRep

I have a 2000 with over 135K...mechanically it's good but cosmetic and some electrical things have begun to go...for example, the seatbelt light only works if the buckle's in the right spot, otherwise, it behaves as if it's buckled. Otherwise, it's a good car. The most costly mechanical repair was when the CV axle was found ripped at 131K miles, and the repair was $800-$1,000 (I can't exacty remember). The Quest tends to be better on trips than in town, even though it's a daily driver. I see no major repair soon other than the rear wheel ball bearings. The oil is changes every 7,500 miles, and is also on its third set of tires and about to be on the third set of brakes. Also, I've noticed the van is tough to abuse. One time when the bumper got crushed when I pulled into a parking spot too fast, there wasn't a scratch on the bumper even though it got pushed inward. And, there aren't any recalls on ours (the seat belt recall is just out of our VIN range.)

Long story short, it's a tough car, but when it falls apart, everything goes. It may be up for replacement soon, though. I'll be sad to see it go.

Reply to
Michael Marshburn

The 2007 Quest is a great riding van. Feels tight. I bought a 2007 on Oct 31, 2006 when the mileage reached 2000 miles the speedomater broke and the dealer has had my van since December 4th 2006 and tells me that they don't know when they get the part due to none in supply line. Owners will have to hope that nothing happens and they need parts.

Reply to
Roy