Re: 1994 Pathfinder - HOT DAY Electrical Starting Problems

Check your engine to chassis ground cable take it off and clean the contact patch area on both if that gets broken or is corroded it can cause electrical and starting problems.

Reply to
johnin

Hi

John

Good idea

Question though:

Is it that you are talking abt the Battery Negative side cable that grounds to the engine ?

Next

That is a good idea you have, although I am still puzzled as to why this problem ONLY happens in the Summer - it has NEVER happened during the winter months.

But maybe I am just thinking the Summer (hot engine) has something to do with it, because last night I drove to the grocery store - 2 mins from my house - got out bought what I needed and got back in - and it would not start - and this time I had to push start it. So this time the engine wasn't hot at all - since I only drove it 2 mins and it was 11:30pm at night.

Do you know how heat vs cold effects electrical connections?

I have thought that this is connection related problem - but since it only happens in the Summer - has been driving me crazy

This has been happening for a fe yrs off and on, but this yr it is happened TOO Often - almost always. 7 out 10 times would be a good est.

thxs

Robert

Reply to
Robert