Re: 97 Quest Heater slow to produce.

My 97 Quest takes 20 plus minutes to put out any heat and even then not

> when idling, only when driving or rpm is about 1000. We're in NW Montana > and need that heater. Not sure it has any bearing but in the Summer the > a/c also takes awhile to cool. My wife has a 89 Corsica and it heats and > cools almost immediately. No snow tires on it so need to fix Quest heat > problem. > > I think it may be the thermostat? If so where is it and is it possible > for me to change without a major project? I've done some mechanical work > on vehicles over the years but at 70 and on SS I only do simple jobs like > plugs, filters, etc. And shovel snow, 15" in Libby, MT. > > Any idea's? Any help is greatly appreciated to fix the problem. Spouse > will also appreciate since I take her to work 3 nights a week. > > Al in MT > -- > snipped-for-privacy@xroadrunnerx.com

Al, It sounds like the thermostat. I had the same problem in my '99 Quest last year and replaced it myself. It was a pain. Not a good job for someone with large hands since it's in a tight space. The thermostat is mounted vertically on the passenger side of the engine under and behind the cooling hoses.

There is an excellent Villager/Quest group on Yahoo. There's lots of postings on replacing the thermostat there. But if I had to do it again, I'd just pony up the bucks and have a pro do it. Hope this helps. Tom

Reply to
Wallace