Re: "Bumpy" ride in Infiniti I30

Change the tires to something with a larger ratio. More rubber between you and the road.

I've got a 2001 Infiniti I30 Touring package (which includes the > "sports" tuned suspension). The car has always had something of a > "bumpy" ride when going over bad portions of roads (potholes, speed > bumps), but overall I've felt the ride was smooth when the road was > fine and have been pretty happy with the ride. > > However, I recently bought a new house that is located down a few > streets which are kind of beat up. Not that the concrete is very > chewed up, it just seems like the land underneath the road has been > somewhat seismically active or something, so there are lots of bumps > and dips, but especially what feels like "seams" in the road (even > though I can't see anything). Basically, the car is bopping up and > down significantly over this stretch, and despite it only being a few > streets long, I seem to have managed to get car sick each time I've > driven it (not good considering I'm going to be living there). I > suspect this is at least partially due to the stiff suspension in the > car, which always seemed to transfer those types of acute bangs into > the car. > > Any suggestions on how I can improve this? I know very little about > cars. Would changing out the shocks help? If possible, I'd like to > find a way to improve this without doing something that couldn't be > easily reversed if it turns out I don't like it. I'm a little > concerned about overcompensating and making the ride too smooth (i.e., > mushy), which is not something I like either. I'm just wondering if > the age of the car may have something to do with it. >
Reply to
Philip