Re: Corolla v Civic v Hyundai/Nissan moeds

Our old Camry is showing its age (~12 years) and we have decided to

> look for a new car but budget down to "Corolla level". I said "level" > as I am open to competing models from Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, etc. > > I would appreciate your help in choosing the model, as well as the > "sub-model" (CE, LE, DX etc.). > > Most of our driving is city or regional: round trips to places 10-50 > miles away. A few times a year we drive 300-500 miles trips. > > I would like basic safety features (line anti-lock brakes) and comforts > (4-door, AC). Very high priority running cost (mpg, reliability). I can > live with manual or automatic. I would consider new, or low-mileage > dealer demos etc, but not "really used". (Like everyone else, I thought > about Prius but it looks too expensive.) > > A few questions: > > 1. Which make/model would be the best fit? > > 2. What is the best site for reading up on these and well as comparison > reviews? (Bought my last car 12 years ago and online resources must > have come along since then.) > > 3. Would you go to a local dealer or Carmax, Carsdirect etc? > > 4. At this point would you buy a 2009, or 2008? > > 5. When is the best time of the year to get good deals on last years > models, dealer demos, loaners and like? (These I'd imagine are only > available from dealers.) > > Thanks for all help.

The Corolla is a very well put together car. Here many are used as cabs, even to the airport. I've been told by the cabbies they go about 200k miles before major repair, the Camry goes about 150k miles for the same.

Unfortunately for me it needs a telescoping steering wheel as I sit far back. The car is designed for drivers much shorter than my 5'-11".

Also unfortunately there are just too many of them here, mostly beige, one would have trouble finding one's Corolla in the parking lots.

The best deals here are on off lease cars.

Reply to
Some O