Re: Desperate!! Need advice - Major transmission problems!

Where do we go from here? Thanks!! Del

Del,

If there's one thing I learned from my transmission work on my '88 truck it's this: Never have them try to rebuild the tranny - Always have them get a re-manufactured one and install that. I had some work done four years ago at one transmission shop and had to get it re-done. Then 2 years later more problems. The second at time I took it to a different transmission shop (AAMCO) and it had to go back three times. The first time they didn't even fix the problem in question. Now third gear synchro is sketchy.

I realize it's good money after bad, but I would suggest you have them track down a rebuilt transmission and sell it to you at their cost. Then have them bolt it in. It's my opinion tranny work is just too complex for anyone to do effectively.

Just my 0.25

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave