Re: Fuel Consumption of Sentra 2000+

I have a hard time reaching 32 mpg with moderate highway only driving (automatic). Thirty mpg is more like it. I thought that it would improve as the engine broke in and exceed the epa estimates, but no go. City driving getting 25-27, also disappointing for a small car.

Bruce

Anybody can tell the fuel comsumption of your Sentra 2000+ 1.8L engine > (QG18DE)? Can you achieve the one advertised by Nissan? Thanks, > >
Reply to
BigBru

Yes, I match it & better. 2001 1.8 5-spd. About 30 mpg (USA units) in cold weather, 35 mpg in warm weather. I drive a mix of city/country, launch gently (not a lead foot). When I visited a high-altitude region (>6000 ft), I was getting 40-45 in mostly mountain highway / country driving. Odometer is dead-accurate, and I check every tankful.

We have oxygenated gas here, not sure what seasons. I think there's some bootleg regular gas here too but I can't be sure. Oxygenated gives less mileage, maybe 1 mpg or so less.

-'Pete'

Reply to
Pete