re: knock sensor-01 frontier

hello, can anyone give me any idea what is a fair price to install one of these ? thanks, dick

Reply to
D.

Are you sure that's the bad component?

I have a '00 Maxima, and had a persistent knock. Mechanic said that when Nissans have engine problems, he checks the mass air sensor first, and that's usually it. In my case they said it was sending all default values, so the ECU knew it was bad but didn't record a code.

On the 00 Maxima (3.5L v6) the anti-knock sensor is under the intake manifold, so replacing it will require a lot of labor.

Good luck.

D. wrote:

Reply to
Rick