Re: NIssan altima Engine trouble.

my nissan altima 94 ,started with a no start situation then after i replaced the cap and the rotor, the car started to run ok ,but after 5 minutes it went dead again,and i moved the spark plug cables a few times ,it started again ran for a

30 minutes and this morning i was unable to start the car again,i replaced the battery ground cable and the car started again for another 5 to 7 minutes ...can you please help me???Do you think the igntion wires are bad?i replaced the wires 2 years ago yesterday i did noticed that the radiator cooling fan was running more than usual do you think that a bad coolant temp sensor could be at fault ???i need help soon??posted 11/18/03
Reply to
chaka91871

Hi - this might sound crazy but it worked for me.

My car wouldn't start in the oddest places. Outside a food store - or a dept. store. I called AAA to send a tow truck - then I tried to start it again 30 minutes later - it worked and I cancelled the AAA.trip. My son inlaw checked the car - and two other auto repair shops ran all kinds of tests - couldn't find anything.

On the third time, the AAA guy came, checked the batteries and wires. Everything was fine. When I told him how often this was happening - he got a brainstorm. He 'jiggled' the 'shift' while in the 'park' position and the car started right up.

Whenever it happens I do the same thing and 'voila' it works. It seems that sometimes the shift doesn't pocket itself properly.

I've had no problems since and that was over six months ago. I hope it works with you My car is a 1993 Altima.

replaced the cap and the rotor, the car started to run ok ,but after 5 minutes it went dead again,and i moved the spark plug cables a few times ,it started again ran for a 30 minutes and this morning i was unable to start the car again,i replaced the battery ground cable and the car started again for another 5 to 7 minutes ...can you please help me???Do you think the igntion wires are bad?i replaced the wires 2 years ago yesterday i did noticed that the radiator cooling fan was running more than usual do you think that a bad coolant temp sensor could be at fault ???i need help soon??posted 11/18/03

Reply to
scribner

My sons solution was a new set of ignition wires. Nissan not some off brand. Says car has run fine now for over 6 months. Dannie

replaced the cap and the rotor, the car started to run ok ,but after 5 minutes it went dead again,and i moved the spark plug cables a few times ,it started again ran for a 30 minutes and this morning i was unable to start the car again,i replaced the battery ground cable and the car started again for another 5 to 7 minutes ...can you please help me???Do you think the igntion wires are bad?i replaced the wires 2 years ago yesterday i did noticed that the radiator cooling fan was running more than usual do you think that a bad coolant temp sensor could be at fault ???i need help soon??posted 11/18/03

Reply to
Dannie

I too, have a 94 Altima, and at about 90,000 it needed a "cam angle sensor" when it suddenly wouldn't start at all. A seal on the end of the cam had begun leaking and allowed a small amount of oil to obscure the little optical slots that act like points used to act - to tell the coil when to fire. An acquaintance with a '95 had an intermittent problem like you describe, and only after replacing the cam angle sensor did the problem go away. That car had about 44,000 miles on it - but was seven years old.

Orv

replaced the cap and the rotor, the car started to run ok ,but after 5 minutes it went dead again,and i moved the spark plug cables a few times ,it started again ran for a 30 minutes and this morning i was unable to start the car again,i replaced the battery ground cable and the car started again for another 5 to 7 minutes ...can you please help me???Do you think the igntion wires are bad?i replaced the wires 2 years ago yesterday i did noticed that the radiator cooling fan was running more than usual do you think that a bad coolant temp sensor could be at fault ???i need help soon??posted 11/18/03

Reply to
Orv

This might sound silly, but when the car won't start for you, try jiggling the shift while its in park. I had the same problems and when an AAA guy came out when I got stuck, he told me that sometimes the shift misses the pocket.

Every time the car won't start now, I jiggle it and sure enough it starts right up. I have a 93 Altima with 93,000 miles.

Reply to
scribner

Thanks for all the tips,I finnaly found the problem and the fix was a Bad distributor ,the O ring was leaking out right into the distributor. Thanks everyone for the tips...att Carlos

Reply to
chaka91871