Re: noisy fan on '97 Sentra

Well now I have a new cause for Nissan motor blower noise.

I ordered a new blower motor and it came in this week. My son came to visit so we could replace the blower motor. I let him take out the motor so he would get the experience.

Turns out there was a peach pit inside the squirrel cage fan. Yes, a peach pit.

He's had the car for years (purchased used) and said it has always made that noise. I assumed it was a bad bearing.

So this leave only a couple possibilities.

1) Was put in there at the factory ... 2) Practical joke by someone who previously owned the car, or someone played a joke on the previousl owner.

I've looked all all the vents and so forth and it seems impossible for the peach pit to have fallen in from the dash or an air vent.

We took the unsued, but new motor back, and the store issued a full credit.

Mark

on 5/21/2007 9:33 PM Mark Fields said the following: >> What's invloved in replacing the blower fan on a 1997 Sentra? The one on >> my sons car is noisy and I want to help him replace it. >> >> Mark > > What kind of noise? Grinding, humming, flapping? > Does it sound like the fan is slapping water? Maybe it is. Drain the > housing. > > -- > > Bill > In Hamptonburgh, NY > To email, remove the double zeroes after @
Reply to
Mark Fields

That reminds me of when I had a very loud flapping sound in the blower of my '94 Altima. I took the motor out, and found a sheet of paper towel in there! I'd had the windshield replaced the week before and they must have left it around the duct for the blower and it eventually was sucked in.

Reply to
JM