Re: Problem with window

remove the window glass,

clean off al the old adhesive from the surface of the window and the attachment bracket. be sure to mark the spot on the glass where the bracket fits.

go to the auto parts place and get some good quality urethane adhesive and apply it to the bracket and reset it on to the window, let dry 24 hours and all should be fine

I have a '98 Sentra GXE w/power windows. When raising the window on > the driver's side, I noticed that it was going up just a wee bit > off-center. When I lowered it, it did the same thing. I raised it > three quarters again, then lowered it... The window went down about > two-thirds or so and stopped, yet the power window motor continued to > run until it reached the point where it would normally shut off. > > I removed the door panel and raised/lowered the window several times > to see what was causing this. Then I saw it -- there is some type of > adhesive where the bottom of the glass fits into the brackets, and > that adhesive has come loose, which has given the window some "wiggle > room" (ie, it is a loose fit). > > I wiggled the window to the point that it was seated perfectly in the > brackets and raised/lowered it a few more times in hopes of seeing > what was causing this mess. Lo and behold, it turns out that the > bracket which holds the glass starts descending before (maybe one-half > of one second) the glass does, and the glass slips out of the brackets > a bit. Do it three or four times and the glass is not centered in the > brackets properly, and it isn't pushed down completely into the > brackets. > > The adhesive is loose and failing to properly keep the glass in the > brackets. Knowing good and well that if I play it by ear I'll only > make things worse, does anyone have any advice? > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > Todd >
Reply to
NissTech