Re: Removing Upper Link in the Rear Suspension, 2001 Pathfinder

I got this project finished today, aftter a couple of false starts.

An impact wrench (Ingersol-Rand's baddest 1/2") removed one nut immediatly, the other after about 30 seconds. Both bolts were loose in the hole after the nut came off.

Take the tires off to allow easier access.

Remove the body end mounts for the anti roll bar to provide clearance in a couple of places.

It took about an hour and a half. I was figuring two hours best case. And the clunk noise is gone. VBG.

Note that the forward, left side, bolt has the nut on the outside, the rest on the inside.

Note that the bolts and nuts are supposed to be replaced with the link.

Hello, > > The bolts become frozen after time. We use impact wrenches to remove the > nuts and try to turn the bolt. If that doesn't work then we use the torches. > Make sure you put a floor jack and use stands under the rear when you remove > the bolt to help keep it somewhat lined up properly. The rear will shift > when you remove the bolts. > > Mark - Nissan tech and owner of Nissan help website. >
Reply to
Chuck Tribolet