Re: "take off" wheels?

read the bottom paragraph on the page you listed.

I read that, but it doesn't say where "take off" wheels come from, i.e. how they become "take off".

FWIW, I was told that "take off" just means that someone bought a car, but decided they didn't want the factory wheels, so the dealer took them off and put some other wheels on. So they are effectively brand-new. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again, Matt

Reply to
Matt Garman

If its the wheel you want what difference does it make where it came from, be glad your getting it for $100.

Tom

Reply to
twfsa

that is correct.

Reply to
doS

yes, the customer decided to buy after market wheels for their new vehicle and left the factory ones behind.

Dave Stone

When I first bought my 95 Maxima SE 5-spd in May 94, I needed spare wheels for Solo II and autocross competition. At that time new SE wheels would have been $295 each, so I got Infiniti J30 alloy take offs from Tire Rack for $45 each. Same size, same bolt pattern, and only 5 mm different offset (which gave me slightly wider track within SCCA competition spec's). They even said Nissan on back of casting.

Apparently they originated from a new car dealer that had put fancier wheels on a J30.

Reply to
David Efflandt