Re: The Nissan GT-R Convertible Is Not Okay

I used to have this theory that every car was made better with a convertible

> top. I know, handling and structural rigidity, blahblahblah, but for normal > driving on a day with good weather, nothing beats the sun and the wind. Read > more...      > Read More: >
> tible-is-not-okay-1533677890

This is from the motoring news section of yesterday's New Zealand Herald newspaper (8 March, 2014) ...

Convertible Nissan GT-R ----------------------- Owning a Nissan GT-R not exclusive enough for you? How about a convertible one? If the idea of a topless Nissan supercar lights your fire, then you're in luck. And, in The Good Oil's [the motoring news section] opinion, in need of serious help.

Anyway, Newport Convertible Engineering in Southern California (where else?) is offering to lop the top off your GT-R and transform it into one of three versions after an approach from a client in Abu Dhabi (oh ... that's where else!).

The "restrained" version is basically a soft top convertible and will cost US$29,500 to build, on top of the purchase price of a donor GT-R. The "more glamorous" versions will hammer you for a cool US$49,000 and features roll hoops and a hard tonneau cowl.

From the couple of small pictures in the newspaper of the "more glamourous" version, it could have looked worse, but then the GT-R is a big, ugly car to begin with.

Reply to
Your Name