Re: towing wih a 4 cyl. nissan pickup

On 20 Mar 2006 11:38:59 -0800, "Robert Cohen" spewed:

re: Toyota > >I had negative experience with '86 Corrolla's AT, and haven't gone back >to their vehicles, despite the Tundra having a high/highest rating and >they're (some Toyotas) being assembled in Ky (?) USA. > >But--guess what? Toyota apparently owns/controls most/the bulk of the >HYBRID car patents. > >If hybrid is more than a minor part of the future, then so will be >Toyota's hybrid technologies. > >Eventually, most people may be driving a hybrid.

Hell no I won't go!

They can give me a CNG or Hydrogen BURNING car with some damn guts and range, not a death trap, no 1000lbs of batteries to replace for $2000 in a couple years!

I saw a snubbyish Prius yesterday up-close, and ...the Georgia Tech >(sticker) student/faculty > keeps it nice 'n shiny. >

Well, if they keep putting out ugly little econoboxes only for hybrids we probably don't have alot to worry about. On the other hand.. it is the Tasteless 2000's!

I've read that the approximate >$30,000 (?) vehicle is not cost-effective; but this can change as such >things tend to do.

It's going to take more govt. subsidation, which is already happening, and probably will increase - not that it's the right idea though. Electric is just plain the wrong choice, even hybrid. Alcohol is an easier conversion for the world to make, but hydrogen is probably better for the enviro. I think we'll see all 3 for a while. Alcohol will dominate in 3rd & 2nd world countries, where we'll get stuck with the hybrids, and those in cities will go hydrogen. Personally, I like CNG, but I'd also like to see oil co's take the long hard shaft even more!

-- _____________________________________________________ For email response, or CC, please email snipped-for-privacy@t-bigfoot.com. Yeah, it's really a real address :)

Reply to
see.my.sig.4.addr