Re: Watch out for CARMAX

As always, Carfax the vehicle, have an idependent shop go over it with a

> fine tooth comb, NEVER drive off without ALL issues documented and dates > scheduled. I learned my lesson a long time ago. > > > Hope it works out for you... > > > > The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If > > you've

The Carfax looked fine. One owner. Carfax only shows when it is taken into a dealerhip. There many holes in a Carfax report. BTW, CARMAX does not let you just drive it off to a shop, besides it would take more than a day to have Jaguar dealer look at it. That's just not going to happen. So CARMAX has all these points of certification they're supposed to go through. Most of these issues I didn't know were wrong untill I read the manual cover to cover. For example the hearests are ajustable and the motors were bad. The rear speakers weren't working but the sub-woofers were. Yet there's no fader nob. You need to go into the setup to get it to fade to real. With all the speakers in that car it all sounds like everthings fine until you try the fader.

Their policy is that if you don't finance or buy the car in full they keep it up for sale. There's no such thing as holding it with a deposit. Or taking it to a Jag dealer to chek it out. That's why they have all thes e guarantees in place. There was no way to make demands, then have them fix it. I would still be paying the finance company for a car that they are taking their sweet time fixing. Either way this is going to happen.

All the best,

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo