Reading Oil pressure gauge on 90 Nissan 300ZX

How do you read the oil pressure gauge on on 90 Nissan 300zx ? what is a good reading ? what is a low reading ? what is a not so good reading, and when should you read it ? what do you readings actually mean ? Thanks..

--
Etop Udoh snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/sdruid11

I don't have a '90 300zx in front of me at the moment, but most engineers design gauges so that "normal" is at the halfway point. A little high or low is OK, but a big variation is cause for concern.

Low oil pressure readings can mean a worm engine or a weak oil pump. High ratings can mean clogged passages in the engine. All this assuming you've changed the oil relatively recently and put in a proper filter.

There may also be more specific things a 300zx gauge tells you - for example, a reading that varies significantly with engines RPM indicates wear - but what specific wear is typical in that motor would be better found by seeking out a web forum specific to Z cars.

I don't have a '90 300zx in front of me at the moment, but most engineers design gauges so that "normal" is at the halfway point. A little high or low is OK, but a big variation is cause for concern.

Low oil pressure readings can mean a worm engine or a weak oil pump. High ratings can mean clogged passages in the engine. All this assuming you've changed the oil relatively recently and put in a proper filter.

There may also be more specific things a 300zx gauge tells you - for example, a reading that varies significantly with engines RPM indicates wear - but what specific wear is typical in that motor would be better found by seeking out a web forum specific to Z cars.

Nothing found yet